13 Nov Frognal Lane, Teynham, Kent
Frognal Lane, Teynham, Kent
On 23rd June 2021 Swale Borough Council granted planning permission for:
• Up to 300 dwellings, including up to 55 affordable dwellings.
• Employment area (offices, research and development, and light industrial) (up to 26,840sqm).
• New sports ground, including pavilion / changing rooms.
• Open space.
• New link road and roundabout on the A2, and a
• Site for a health centre.
The proposals are allocated in the 2017 adopted Local Plan.
The application, submitted by Vincent+Gorbing on behalf of the Trenport Teynham Partnership, was originally submitted in October 2016, and agreed by the Council’s Planning Committee in June 2017, subject to agreeing the conditions and a legal agreement. These were subsequently agreed. However, due to concerns about viability the proposals were revised to reduce the affordable housing from 40% to 18.33%, as suggested by the Council’s own viability assessment. These changes were agreed by the Council’s virtual Planning Committee on 12th November 2020, when members voted unanimously in favour of the proposals, also subject to agreeing the conditions and a revised legal agreement. These were agreed on 23rd June 2021.