At the Swale Borough Council’s virtual Planning Committee on 12th November 2020, members voted unanimously in favour of the proposals, which are for:
• Up to 300 dwellings, including up to 55 affordable dwellings.
• Employment area (offices, research and development, and light industrial) (up to 26,840sqm).
• New sports ground, including pavilion / changing rooms.
• Open space.
• New link road and roundabout on the A2, and a
• Site for a health centre.
The proposals are allocated in the 2017 adopted Local Plan.
The application ,submitted by Vincent+Gorbing on behalf of the Trenport Teynham Partnership, was originally submitted in October 2016, and agreed by the Council’s Planning Committee in June 2017, subject to agreeing the conditions and a legal agreement. These were subsequently agreed. However, due to concerns about viability the proposals were revised to reduce the affordable housing from 40% to 18.33%, as suggested by the Council’s own viability assessment.