An 18th Century mansion house designed by architect James Paine for J. A. Wallinger. The house has been designed in the ‘Palladian’ style named after the prominent neo-classical Italian architect Andrea Palladio who designed buildings based around antique structures and monuments. Hare Hall’s design is arguably based upon the Palladian designed Villa Pisani at Montagnana (c.1742). A central grand house with two symmetrical Pavilions connected to the main house by open colonnades. Today, Hare Hall is home to the Royal Liberty School.
We were fortunate enough to painstakingly restore Hare Hall, the Grade II* listed building back to its former glory. Our conservation team acted as both historian and detective, unpicking years of appropriation to conserve the old building for future generations. The former house is now home to the School’s administrative staff.